June 22, 2015 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – A recent article published by the Clarion Project [see, 'Iran Supporting More than 100 Shiite Terror Groups'] provides details gleaned from Egypt’s Al-Hayat newspaper, generally considered authoritative within an Arabic context, which believably alleges that Iran is engaged in a massive campaign of support of Shia terrorist groups.
1. Gangs of the People of the Truth
2. Companies of the Churasani Pioneer
3. Battalions of the Lord of the Martyrs
4. Noble Movement of Hezbollah
5. Hezbollah Battalions
6. Companies of Peace
7. Corps of the Loyal Promise
8. Bader Organization – Military Wing
9. Brigade of Omar ibn Yasser
10. Brigade of Assad Allah el Raleb
11. Brigade of the Promised Day
12. Battalions of the Supporters of Elhaja
13. Battalions of the Sacred Defense
14. Brigade of Elkariya
15. Companies of Alzahra
16. Brigade of Zu Elfakar
17. Brigade of the Guarantors of Zainab
18. Companies of the Supporters of the Belief
19. Brigade Al Muntazir
20. Badar Special Groups
21. Brigade of Abu Elfader Elabbas
22. Movement of Al Jihad and al Bina
23. Companies of the Public Defense
24. Battalions of the Shiite Brigade
25. Hezbollah the Rebels
26. Battalions of the Anger
27. Brigade of the Youths With Missions
28. Hezbollah Battalions of the Missing Imam
29. Battalions With the Direction of the Message
30. Ashura Companies
31. Battalions of Malek Elashtar
32. Elabdar Movement
33. Battalions of the Imam Ali
34. Army of the Muktar
35. Public Draft
36. Elhamad Brigade
37. Brigade of the Existing Imam
38. Eladiat Brigade – Special Guard
39. Movement of the Loyal Supporters of Allah
40. Brigade of the 5th Special Guard
Iran has the deserved reputation of being the world’s leading source of terror funding, but this is the first time to our knowledge that a respected Middle East news source has provided this level of detail.
We were recently party to a briefing by ex Director of Central Intelligence, in which Mr. Woolsey drew the same conclusion, however he expanded the indictment against the Ayatollocracy, mentioning that Iran is not only funding Islamic terror on a world-wide basis but that it already has effective control of 4 state capitols outside of its own borders. [see, James Woolsey’s Frontal Assault on Iranian Regime ].
“They are clearly imperial, they control four international capitals counting Baghdad which they effectively control…they are reaching to be more and more imperial, to extend their influence against Saudi Arabia down the Arabian peninsula [and] Houthi Iranian instrumentalities essentially control Yemen now.”
Pulling back a bit from Al-Hayat/Clarion’s charges, it would be foolish not to observe that the largest, most active, well funded and fiendishly barbaric Islamic terror group in the world is ISIS, a Sunni organization.
It would be remiss to avoid noting a certain amount of cheekiness regarding Al-Hayat’s allegation [with which we have no major disagreement] in that it has been the Saudi government and individual Saudi citizens who have for at least two decades very actively engaged in spreading the virulent Sunni jihadist doctrine of Wahhabism. For example, the Saudis, largely through an intermediary, the North American Islamic Trust are responsible for building the majority of radical American mosques, and many throughout the world which teach this fundamentalist, 10th century iteration of Islam.
Additionally we must remember that the horrific September 11 attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were entirely led by Saudi Wahhabists.
So endemic and massive is terror support coming from the Middle East that discerning the sectarian differences between these bloody actors – placing blame - is an exercise in “too much information” for the average American citizen…with one exception. That being the incongruity of Team Obama negotiating with Iran’s Shia theocracy while castigating the Sunni entity, ISIS.
Most American’s intuitively know that the above constitutes a distinction without a difference, because terrorism and Islam are in this historical stage inseparable as support of jihad to extend the reach of the religion is normative across all Muslim sects, including Sufism [witness Chechnya].
©2015 PipeLineNews.org LLC. A ll rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.