UC Merced Jihad Investigation Now on Fed Lockdown

December 9, 2015 - San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – On the morning of November 4, 2015, 18 year old Faisal Mohammad - wielding a hunting knife - attacked several classmates as well as an on-site private contractor on the California campus of UC Merced. None of the students were seriously injured, but Mohammad was shot and killed by local LE at the scene.

As we reported at the time:

“Though it took a full 24 hours for the details to finally slither out, we now know that on Wednesday morning, 18 year old U.C. Merced freshman Faisal Mohammad stabbed 4 people in an unprovoked attack. The injured – two students, a contractor working on campus and an employee of the university – are expected to fully recover. Mohammad who used an “8 – 10 inch” hunting style knife in the attack, was shot and killed by local law enforcement, thus proving that the only way to stop a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with a gun.” [source, William Mayer, UC Merced Knife Attack: Islamic Jihad Comes To The Golden State , PipeLineNews.org]

Following the now well established template that is instantly applied to all matters regarding domestic jihad, the event was characterized as having nothing to do with terrorism. As was the case in the subsequent San Bernardino 11/13 jihad, Merced authorities first put forth the fraudulent narrative that there were no extenuating circumstances, in this case, that the actions were simply those a confused and disgruntled young man who had been expelled from a student study group.

In order to establish some credibility for the cover story a bit of evidence was selectively leaked, the existence of a “manifesto” which had been found on Mohammad’s person supposedly absolving the sacred cow of Islam from any connection to the tragic event.

Things started falling apart quickly - the official cover story didn’t last any longer than it took the ink to dry on the MSM cover-up - as an old-school local journalist started peeling back the onion:

“According to recently obtained information, about 6 months ago the FBI held a terrorist/extremist briefing with Merced County law enforcement leaders. At this meeting several suspected terrorist with ISIS links were said to be here in Merced County. Names and photos were presented including one of Faisal Mohammad…. be a picture of an ISIS flag which was pulled out of the suspect’s pocket [source, Matthew Gonzalez, Were Law Enforcement Leaders and UC Chancellor Aware of Threat by Terrorists/Extremists to Attack EC Merced? , Merced TV News]

This new source immediately contacted local authorities, making inquiries about the attack, especially the contents of the “exculpatory” manifesto. It quickly became clear that the atmosphere in the community had been transformed due to heavy federal pressure. Since the locals were no longer talking, numerous electronic and telephone messages went unanswered.

In pursuit of the story PipeLineNews.org LLC filed a formal CA Public Documents Act request asking to be provided with an un-redacted copy of Mr. Mohammad’s manifesto.

This morning we received the following reply:

“Upon review, we have concluded that the information you have requested is integral to an ongoing investigation. The disclosure of it at this time would endanger the successful completion of that investigation. Therefore we are denying your request at this time…”

Questions naturally arise:

To what investigation is LE referring, since in the official version of the story, Faisal Mohammad’s motive of revenge was manifestly clear and that, in the words of Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke and other officials, Mohammad couldn’t possibly have been motivated by the doctrine of Islamic jihad?

“Warnke said a team of 20 FBI agents conducted the investigation into Mohammad and his family…"There was absolutely nothing they could find to indicate anything other than his being a college student at UC Merced," Warnke said…[he] stressed that focusing on Mohammad's religious beliefs would be unfounded. "There are lots of people of the Muslim faith that are kind, gentle, loving people," Warnke said. "One person (who commits a crime) can't be grouped into that whole." [source, Ramona Giwargis, Katie Nelson, Mark Gomez and Robert Salonga, UC Merced: Manifesto Detailed Faisal Mohammad’s Revenge Plot , San Jose Mercury News]

20 feds, the entire resources of local law enforcement and goodness knows what other agencies having been brought to bear on the issue of motivation…what is there left to investigate and why, since all the questions have been allegedly resolved, is an entirely reasonable public records request being denied out of hand?

There remains great cause for concern.

If local Merced officials were indeed briefed by the FBI/DOJ on the potential threat of an ISIS motivated threat only 6 months previous to the twin attacks at UC as well as the San Bernardino why weren’t proactive measures taken to foil the plots?

With a thousand active ISIS investigations currently ongoing across the United States and noting the suffocating degree of [and we believe illegal] surveillance being carried out by NSA/DIA etc., how is it that these incidents continue to happen and when they do, the administration drops down like a vulture on the public’s right to be informed about the obviously growing threat?

We will have much more to say about this issue as our investigation develops and reports will be filed  here as additional information becomes available.

©2015 PipeLineNews.org LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.