July 30, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews. org – The deliciously salacious aspects of Anthony Weiner’s now not-so-private-life are impossible to avoid, plastered across the spectrum of broadcast news. This emphasis appeals mightily to the prurient interests of MSNBC’s drone core demographic far more effectively [not to say entertainingly] than a high speed car chase followed by the requisite crash and burn fireball.
We have touched [sorry] on the topic of Ms. Abedin’s fixation with sidling up to the seat [this is getting weird] power, but wish to expand [uhhh…last time, honest] upon it a bit.
1. Weiner dude is a pathetic person, we pity him, perhaps the best he can expect at this point.
2. Ms. Abedin is very closely linked [through familial ties] to Egypt’s terrorist Muslim Brotherhood, It’s of note that the group’s leader, Mohamed Morsi…victim of a military coup d'état] is now ensconced in a dank cell next to the now comparatively moderate Hosni Mubarak [whom Morsi tossed in the slammer]. The universe does not operate without a sense of ironic humor it seems.
3. Abedin hitched up with Hillary in the mid nineties, has not been seriously vetted despite her serving essentially as an Assistant. Secretary of State. To our knowledge no one has seriously pursued the exact circumstances which these two met and drew so close to each other. Looked at from a skeptical but entirely reasonable perspective, Hillary and Ms. Abedin’s relationship is far more authentic a marriage than their legal pairings with, respectively, ex-president Clinton and the Weinerdude.
4. Thus Abedin had extraordinary access to national security information which would have normally called for the full FBI Monty. Having gone through such once, I can attest that these folks are firmly pleasant and very thorough…yes guys I still prefer size 10 ½ classic wingtips, though on occasion I do lust after the Zuckerbergian Silicon Valley high level executive standard of Stefano Bemer footwear. Yes, they remain superbly crafted despite the recent passing of the company’s found - his lifework, the custom shoe shop, continues to chug along in the hand-crafted Italian tradition of exquisite leather work.
July 24, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews. org - According to Representative Frank Wolf [R. VA], what we have long suspected - that the CIA, apparently with full knowledge of Barack Obama - blocked what would almost assuredly be an almost automatically triggered rapid response [SpecOps, not meaningless gestures] to the Benghazi terrorist attack. [Note: embassies are very real extensions of the sponsoring governments, they are inviolate under international law:
"...an embassy or consulate represents a sovereign state. International rules do not allow representatives of the host country to enter an embassy without permission --even to put out a fire -- and designate an attack on an embassy as an attack on the country it represents..." [source, U.S. State Department website]
Thus the full dimensions of Team Obama's now faltering effort to suppress the truth regarding this matter.
As the Wolf presser states:
"...In today’s question(s) about what happened in Benghazi, Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) asked:
...According to an excerpt of the new book Under Fire: The Untold Story of the Attack in Benghazi, which was published in this month’s Vanity Fair magazine, on the night of the attack, Ambassador Stevens made several calls for help after reaching what he believed was a safe room on the consulate compound. Some of those calls were made to “nearby consulates.” Assuming the authors are correct, the government should have the phone records from that night. Which foreign consulates did he call? How did those consulates respond?
If Stevens was calling foreign consulates, did U.S. officials in Tripoli or Washington call any allies with assets in Libya to help respond to the attack?
Did the Pentagon contact any NATO allies with military assets in the region that could have provided assistance that night?
Given how close many of our European allies are to the Mediterranean, wouldn’t they have planes or response teams stationed in locations in or nearby the region that could have been mobilized upon request from Washington?
And speaking of force posture, what have we done to ensure that if another incident were to happen this September 11 that we’re prepared to respond?
The Congressman is now well into a week of posing daily questions to the Obama administration, with no or minimal apparent response, as part of the widening probe into the Benghazi affair continues..."
Today's statement is Mr. Wolf's seventh in an ongoing series designed to hold this administration to account. BenghaziGate looms more menacing every day. Those with first-hand knowledge have been forced to sign non-disclosure forms, betraying a clear intention by Team Obama to deny those with intimate [and most likely incriminating] knowledge of the Benghazi tragedy from exercising their First Amendment rights and more importantly, the American people the [most likely incriminating] truth.
By WILLIAM MAYER
July 22, 2013 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – A language war is being waged at the highest levels of the national security apparatus, throughout government as a whole and in a much more general and all encompassing sense, throughout the West. The non-governmental institutions which have been targeted in this clandestine conflict are those - which define and create our way of life, our civilization.
Realizing that these represent the soft underbelly of a republican democracy they are under furious assault by the neo-Marxist left and their unholy revolutionary allies, the jihadists.
The concept is not a new one, control the language, control the parameters within which dialogue is possible...control the narrative, control the culture..This relationship is widely known within the fields of social science and cultural anthropology.
Antonio Gramsci [a 1930s era Italian Communist theoretician] championed and further developed these theories. His writings reveal extraordinary perceptual insight into how customs, language, religion/belief structures etc., might be forcibly changed, pushed as it were in a direction that the culture would not normally have taken under its own inertia.
In his way of thinking, if the culture wasn't friendly to a particular ideology [in his case, Marxism] then one could employ certain techniques to make the proletariat recognize its existence as an oppressed class and then create an awareness of its supposed role in society and the miserable plight of its status in life. It was thought that the "workers," so indoctrinated would welcome and become foot soldiers in the revolution. The institutions chosen for radical transformation include legal and judicial systems, legislative bodies - especially those at the top rung in the food chain [in America this would be the House of Representatives and the Senate], the entertainment industry, the educational aristocracy, religious organizations and the mass media by way of example.
Metaphorically, this is Texas No-Limit Hold’em being played with the highest stakes imaginable, the future of the U.S., Europe and the democratic Far East which all are at risk - a single misplayed hand having the potential of bringing total, absolute and perhaps permanent obliteration of secular republican democracy.
July 11, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeBombNews.com - Well, well, well...for some reason the GOP's aristocracy is currently pushing Jeb Bush - Jebby - as the future of the Republican Party.
Now Jeb Bush is such an insignificant, lightweight dufus that he really doesn't deserve much in the way of expenditure of words. However we would like to provide one insight into his real politics which we haven't heard much of in any media, let alone the MSM.
Witness the unspeakable travesty represented by the trial of Mr. George Zimmerman, who in our opinion is being maliciously prosecuted, goaded on by the Bobbsy Twin criminals, Mr. Obama and his lunatic DOJ side-kick, Eric the Red..
Though we have not had the stomach to follow this case in any great detail - sorry we plumb ran out of barf bags the last time we saw John Boehner attempt to speak intelligibly - it's clear that rather than being prosecuted, Mr. Zimmerman should never had charges of any kind filed against him, let alone murder.
We do feel genuinely sorry for the family of the deceased Trayvon Martin; there is no way to avoid calling the entire matter a tragedy, as is the violent death of any young man cut down on the verge of adulthood. Unfortunately young African American males are falling in unprecedented numbers – often at the hand of an insidious thug culture, pumped up by the race pimps, Hollywood lefties, the educrats and their ilk.
But now Ms. Nelson has blasted through the line of propriety in her unconstitutional rulings regarding additional charges against Mr. Zimmerman that may be considered by the long suffering jury.
This set of instructions is designed for a number of reasons:
2. This is a face-saving gesture, an attempt to convict the defendant of something...anything... this viscous judge wants her pound of flesh.
3. She is attempting to satisfy the apparently insatiable Black racism which has loomed over these proceedings. It should go without saying that this is a complete disservice to the overwhelming majority of America's African American community which does not require "protection" from people like Mr. Zimmerman. The inherent racism of Nelson is in play here also, she has already made up her mind on this case and she seems to be unwilling to settle for anything less than a public hanging of this poor defendant. Her decision has been rendered solely on the basis of color – though both Mr. Martin and Mr. Zimmerman are ethnic minorities.
Oh...we forgot, the NY Times has counseled us that Zimmerman though Hispanic, is a WHITE Hispanic, whatever the hell that means. To them Zimmerman is simply WHITEY as the matter is reduced to the most disgustingly base racialism.
By CHERYL GATESWORTH
July 8, 2013 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org - Does anyone hear the eerie sound of music playing?
Did anyone happen to notice that the Count, standing in front of His full-length mirror could not see his own reflection?
That Count - Mr. Obama our president - The One He Has Been Waiting For – and his entire administration, not simply content with coddling Muslims – the latest demonstration being his not-so-terribly-successful meddling in Egypt’s the Muslim Brotherhood - is determined to steer around the First Amendment and strangle free speech vis a vis any discussion of Islam.
A recent, DOJ - sponsored presentation last month in Manchester, Tennessee demonstrated this point, intending to create a chilling effect on any discussion as to the negative aspects of Islam…of which there are many.
On June 4 the Department of Justice at the invitation of the American Muslim Advisory Committee (AMAC) spoke to an overflow audience at the above referenced community meeting. DOJ labeled the event, Public Disclosure in a Diverse Society.
The United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, William C. Killian was joined by Special Agent in Charge of the Eastern Tennessee District, Kenneth Moore.
By EMERSON VERMAAT
July 7, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - It was in October 1943 that a young Jewish woman named Franceska Mann grabbed the pistol of an SS-officer and shot him dead. This happened near one of the gas chambers of the Nazi death camp of Auschwitz. Not all Jews were willing to enter the gas chambers without resistance or protest. In October 1942, SS doctor Johann Paul Kremer witnessed the gassing of nearly 1600 Jews from Holland. But three Jewish women refused to enter the gas chamber begging for their lives, Kremer wrote in his diary. They were shot dead.
My new book "Auschwitz – Eindstation van de dood" ("Auschwitz – Final Destination of Death") was published in Holland in April this year. I wrote a paragraph on Franceska Mann who killed SS-officer Josef Schillinger as the SS tried to push a group of women into the one of the gas chambers of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
One of the Dutch Auschwitz survivors I spoke with was Ernst Verduin, a Dutch Jew from Amsterdam born in 1927. He was deported to Auschwitz in September 1943. Upon arrival in Auschwitz-Birkenau he was first "selected" for the gas chamber, but managed to leave the "gas chamber group" and join the group selected for slave labor. "An SS officer protested loudly, but I didn’t care," Verduin told me at the end of February 2012. "I later learned that the SS wanted to avoid panic and that I wasn’t the only one who switched from one group to another." "I already knew about the gas chambers of Auschwitz when I was still in the Nazi concentration camp of Vught in the Netherlands. An SS officer named Franz Ettlinger who was stationed at that camp told me about it. Ettlinger had previously been stationed at Auschwitz, so he knew exactly what was going on there."
Frans Goedhart, a courageous Dutch resistance leader, was also in Vught. He, too, received information about the gas chambers of Auschwitz – from another source, though. He managed to escape and published a lengthy article about "(Nazi) concentration camps – where the Nazis practice their ideas" in "Het Parool" on September 27, 1943. It was the very first article on this subject in Holland! Part of Goedharts remarkable article mentioned the gas chambers of Auschwitz. Het Parool was an illegal underground newspaper during the Nazi occupation of Holland and founded by Frans Goedhart himself. It had a circulation of about 40,000.
Auschwitz was indeed the "final destination of death." From all over Nazi occupied Europe trains with Jewish deportees arrived at Auschwitz. More than one million Jews were killed there. Upon arrival, most deportees were immediately "selected" for the gas chamber, the others were "selected" for slave labour. Many of those selected for slave labour died from starvation, exhaustion and disease. These "selections" were usually carried out by SS doctors such as Josef Mengele and Horst Thilo. Mengele also conducted so-called "medical experiments" on women, children and twins. Jenta-Jehudit Feig, a Jewish survivor, later said that she saw how Mengele had removed a still beating heart from a female body.
Members of the Polish and Jewish underground reported about what happened in occupied Poland and Auschwitz. These reports also arrived in London where the Polish government-in-exile was located. These reports were not always taken seriously by the British and American governments. However, in 1942 and 1943 more and more British and American newspapers began to write about Nazi atrocities and the genocide of the Jews. The New York Times, for example, reported on August 27, 1943: "More than 3,000,000 killed in Hitler dominated lands." And the BBC Home News Bulletin accurately reported on July 9, 1942: "Jews are regularly killed by machine gun fire, hand grenades – and even poisoned by gas." Mass executions of Jews did indeed occur in the Baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) and the Nazi occupied parts of the Soviet Union. Jews had also been gassed in Auschwitz and in so-called gas vans.
BREAKING - Obama’s Bitch, Egyptian ex-Pres Morsi, UnderHouse Arrest, Military Coup Overthrows Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Government.
By WILLIAM MAYER, E&P PIPELINENEWS.ORG LLCJuly 3, 2013 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – Well, well, well…seems like Barack Hussein Obanma’s fat little Muslim terrorist bitch Mohamed Morsi is under house arrest. He was overthrown today by the Egyptian military.
Warning: this piece contains adult language, if this offends you, please leave and don’t come back and by all means please do not read on lest ye be offended mightily.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
How this will eventually shake out is impossible to know, we so far we have a few snap judgments.1. Obama and his UN Representative Designate Samantha Power have a lot of ‘splainin’ to do. Morsi’s presidency was forced on Egypt by Obama, he is responsible for the extant Egyptian conflagration.
Neo-Marxist Obama Confidante Samantha Power: Unfit For Duty
2. Sam Power, what can we say – please refer to our long form piece published just today - Neo-Marxist Obama Confidante Samantha Power: Unfit For Duty - this woman is nothing but a belligerent neo-Marxist ideologue. She should now immediately withdraw herself from consideration as UN Rep. She is an incompetent, inexperienced know –know-it-nothing. Hell send here back to Harvard, they deserve her. And babe, don’t count on the modeling gig, those pipecleaner legs are not to die for.
3. Counter revolutions take their own course, Egypt is in the hand of the military now and we hope they exercise their power wisely, judiciously but with full vigilance. We do not want to see another reign of terror.
4. We suggest that every ranking member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt be arrested, tried and hanged for treason in Tahrir square. Mr. Morse should be volunteered to test the rope. No trial for him, summary execution is what he richly deserves.
5. We further demand from Holder’s DOJ that every single Muslim Brotherhood affiliate in the U.S. yes we all know who they are, should similarly be held for investigation of possible insurrectionary activity…without bail.
6. Congress had better stop fucking around and start the impeachment process, this president must be forced, peacefully and lawfully from office – charge? – high crimes against the American way of life. However the JCS should have already placed U.S. forces on high alert despite that breaking protocol, they may need to take a page from the Egyptian military’s playbook if push comes to…
7. Note: NSA and whom or whatever entities have been surveiling us for at least the last 10 years we wish to clearly state – WE ARE IN NO WAY SUGGESTING, FOMENTING OR IN ANY WAY ORGANIZING TO ENGAGE IN ANYTHING WHICH IS CONSTITUTIONALLY PROHIBITED. WE ARE COMPLETELY NON VIOLENT JOURNALISTS, CALL OFF THE DOGS BECAUSE WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. WE HARBOR NO INSURRECTIONARLY THOUGHTS AND WOULD NEVER SUPPORT SUCH A MOVEMENT.
8. The destabilization of Egypt, Libya, Syria should properly be placed at the feet of Mr. Obama, his hand puppet Joe Biden, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, not to mention Jimmy Clapper and his band of double talking ass-clowns
9. ALL MB affiliated American mosques should be boarded up, have their records seized and have their leaders placed under protective detention.
10. All American mosques now deserve full scrutiny by LE, of course operating within current legal confines.
By WILLIAM MAYER, BEILA RABINOWITZ CONTRIBUTED TO THIS ARTICLE
July 3, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - As the NYT has it, "...Michael B. Oren, the Israeli ambassador to Washington, said in an interview that Ms. Power, a journalist and academic who has written and spoken widely about human rights abuses, had a deep understanding of Israel’s security issues and sympathy for its concerns..." [source, Mark Landler, Choice for U.N. Post Gets Israeli Vote of Confidence, New York Times, June 7, 2013], thus betraying Mr. Oren's apparent hostility to the very Jewish state he supposedly represents here in the U.S.
First rule of journo 101, if it originates in the NYT, it's likely barely disguised propaganda offered at the feet of The One, perhaps by way of propitiation in hope of keeping Barry's NSA drones at least outside of striking range.
Oren can't possibly be unaware that Power is merely the latest hard left, hateful anti-Zionist ideologue and laughably "intellectual," academician which this criminal administration has trotted out, this time offering her as the president's choice for the critically important leadership role of representing U.S. interests in that den of thieves otherwise known as the United Nations.
We therefore have no idea exactly what or whose interests Oren represents, but they are adamantly not those of Israel.
If confirmed, by no means a clear thing - fortunately as of this writing - she will undoubtedly fit in well with the tyrants, homicidal maniacs and other anti-American totalitarian despots inhabiting that den of iniquity.
However, don't feel forced to accept our judgment, simply read along with this woman's already widely known and published body of work and then make your own determination.
Rather than quote from random works, we call front and center, Exhibit A if you wish, a long-form feature type posting published on March 3, 2003 by the New Republic entitled, Force Full
Actually as read now, this piece is nothing but an embarrassing, decidedly non-scholarly public display of rage against the United States, its foreign policy, alleged colonialism, use and projection of military force and...well you get the picture.
These minor inconveniences aside, this 3,500 word stream of consciousness anti-American rant reveals this woman's real perspective, one offered ten years ago and thus well before she hooked up with Mr. Obama.
Let her own words serve as the indictment:
1. Idolatry of the cult of "liberal progressivism.""…When I think of the '90s…[the] United States wanted American power to defend human life, but only on the condition that we hold the Americans, hold the power, and, in the end, hold our principles…"
2. Advancing the canard of that the U.S. is a hegemon – possibly Red China’s favorite anti-U.S. pejorative.
In Power’s skewed world view, America is – to use David Horowitz’ coinage – "The Free World Colossus," invulnerable militarily and using its unchallenged supremacy to support dictatorial "right wing" governments around the world which would then be goaded in creating, training and arming "death squads" whose job it was to brutally suppress the democratic will of the people, stifle dissent and in extreme cases topple defiant leftist regimes such as that of Chile’s Salvador Allende and Iran’s Mosadegh – both of whom were communists - via a policy of "termination with extreme prejudice.""…Liberals resisted black-and-white characterization [rather, seeking] nuance]…torn by the dual impulses of protecting human rights on the one hand and restraining U.S. hegemony on the other…"
3. A fully developed rabidly totalitarian ideology disguised, at best, as a fanatical devotion to extreme "progressivism."
Power justifies all of this using an hidebound argument which is grounded on quicksand…one which paints a not so rosy picture depicting her genuine contempt for the country in which she has - despite its evil intent - managed to eke out a rather comfortable living at the top of the food chain."...Now that Bill Clinton's invisible hand has been replaced by George W. Bush's iron fist... the question today is whether the United States is structurally capable of using its tremendous power for the good of others."
"...Some in his [GW Bush's] administration even realized [the duality of] American strategic and economic interests was both false and unsustainable. The world and the United States were more dangerous places if...AIDS went untreated, and corporations exported human rights abuses that were outlawed at home. There would be blowback..."
Uh...blowback like 9/11/01? Apparently we had it coming for being committed to liberty, freedom and willing to defend it with American blood.
Regarding treatment of AIDS, Bono the "progressive" [yet apparently quite religious] front man for the Irish rockers U2 - according to Fox News, likened AIDS to the disease of leprosy spoken about often in the Bible.
Bono said, "I am here to thank the American people for that…And I also want to thank the evangelical community for that, because it wouldn’t have happened without their leadership, because they, like myself, pestered George Bush and the administration, who actually deserve praise for starting this out."
Imagine that? No, it really did happen – GW Bush committed over 9B dollars to this effort, far more than the combined total of all contributions by other nations. Power should have been aware of this, after all it was one of the centerpieces of his January 2003 State of the Union address…well before Power Full was penned.
4. Liberalism uber alles; in a section which asserts the moral superiority of liberalism and the need for moral relativism."… the Bush administration has issued an unprecedented pledge to promote human rights... [it] has exerted its power in the most illiberal ways.. without the liberalism, without the humility it requires in acknowledgment that none of us possesses absolute truths...."
Really?"...In offering moral advice…the Bush administration has been too self-assured...Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you're with us, or you're with the terrorists..."
And this is a logically unjustifiable postion because?"…Critics of U.S [policies were transformed into]....opponents and competitors become enemies...by 2002 the checks…counted on to rein in a president's militant moralism had vanished..."
6. In a rather chilling section Power sees American service casualties as a check against American "excesses.""The one thing guaranteed to reduce legislative deference to an overzealous executive is American casualties. But, thanks to U. S. technological supremacy, the American soldier seems to have, very nearly, grown immune.."
That statement is so outrageous and morally bankrupt as to be instantly disqualifying for the position to which Power now aspires.
7. More moral equivalency, this time the U.S morphs into the fascist inspired and at the time, Saddam led, Baath Party. Power as an alleged academician should be well aware of the Nazi roots of the Baath Party and if she isn't, well then let's just say she should acquaint herself with the facts before making such harmful charges against the U.S."...The French, we noted, often seemed unable to distinguish the Republican Party from the Baath Party..."
And we should care what the always cantankerous French think because?
Powers supports or supported at the time, the, "…International Criminal Court (ICC)..[the]...Kyoto Protocol...the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty... Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, the land mines ban, and other international treaties--the United States came to be seen less as it sees itself (the cop protecting the world from rogue nations) than as the very runaway state international law needs to contain..." All of these deprive the U.S. of its sovereignty.
Subjecting America to the tender mercies of banana republics harboring ill will towards us is simply incompatible with the corpus of not only American, but Western law, as constituted since at least battle of Runnymede which led to Magna Carta and English Common Law.
8. Assertion of leftist orthodoxy as the "solution" to every difficulty facing the U.S."...But the biggest flaw in the U.S. appamented unilateralism. It is something much harder to cure: its a la cartism.."
9. This statement followed by a list of supposed American sins."...the CIA-assisted coups in Guatemala, Chile, and the Congo; the bombing of Cambodia…[and] support for right-wing terror squads in Latin America…"
"The United States will not subject itself to the jurisdiction of the ICC, so only it will decide whether it has violated the Geneva Conventions as it bombs Iraq. American officials are reportedly abusing Al Qaeda detainees or "rendering" them to countries where they will be tortured.."
Yes the Water Boarding bugaboo must be invoked, despite the fact that it led directly to the killing of Binny in Pakistan.
10. Jumping at every possibility to show the U.S. as the cause of global unrest, tyranny and pain, we have Power casting the U.S. as Nazi Germany."…much anti- Americanism derives from the role U.S. political, economic, and military power has played in denying such freedoms to others…showing that American decision-makers do not endorse the sins of their predecessors. When Willie Brandt went down on one knee in the Warsaw ghetto, his gesture was gratifying to World War II survivors, but it was also ennobling and cathartic for Germany. Would such an approach be futile for the United States…"
We must assume then that Obama’s constant supplication is viewed as prescriptive relief.11. In the next paragraphs Power puts forward a completely nonsensical and frankly ridiculous methodology whereby foreign policy becomes bogged and weighted down by a Rube Goldberg contraption of supposed checks, balances and holding to account. "Unilateralism," is deemed intrinsically immoral, thus sovereignty is no longer a key objective. "...And the American approach must cease its reliance on gratuitous unilateralism.. giving up a pinch of sovereignty will not deprive the United States of the tremendous military and economic leverage it has..."
Massive cognitive dissonance?
12. The old hard left shibboleth - Bush is Satan personified."...Genuine liberalism must supplant the liberal-sounding nationalism of today. A la cartism undermines America's ability to do what it wants when it wants. The United States has thus far lost its campaign to persuade its allies of the merits of preemptive war with Iraq not because of the dearth of smoking guns. Few who oppose the U.S. attack do so because they disagree with Bush's characterization of the Iraqi regime. Most do so because of what they take to be the character of the U.S. regimes..."
13. She concludes, perhaps having run out of negative adjectives, metaphors, corrosive cattiness and the like?
Not on your life."…the best argument for marrying power and principle is that power exerted in a unilateralist, morally selective, ahistoric, unprincipled fashion is not simply harming foreigners; it is gravely undermining U.S. security. The terrorists will thrive in a sea of anti- Americanism. That sea will not be drained by adding another $46 billion to the U.S. defense budget.."
The specter of Binny’s bullet ridden body does not comport with such an interpretation,"...Embedding U.S. power in an international system and demonstrating humility would be painful, unnatural steps for any empire, never mind the most potent empire in the history of mankind. But more pain now will mean far less pain later..."
Yes, by all means, subject American citizens to the whims of people who hate us because of, not despite of, our liberty and freedom.
ENOUGH! - or as Dr. Savage might phrase it, "I can’t take this anymore…"
Power's representation of the United States as the single cause of world disorder is absurd. So, rather than recapitulate what has heretofore been stated, let us consider a few indisputable truths:
The United States, from its inception, has been a miracle unrivaled in world history. Never has a nation with the power to dominate the globe in a very concrete way ever shied away from doing so. Not only have we refrained from exerting our power in an imperial manner akin to that of Rome, the United States has made a gift to the world of our concept of republican democracy backed by the will to defend this cherished legacy borne upon the wings of liberty and freedom with our most precious commodity, the life blood of our children.
We challenge Samantha Power to name a single country which has given so much of itself, with no expectation of repayment.
A single example should suffice to prove that point.
Under the administration of FDR we gave, as part of a program called "lend lease," approximately 650 B [adjusted for inflation] during this period to our European allies.
This was done to preserve the light of freedom on the Continent during very bleak times. In this protracted conflict the U.S. suffered 670,000 KIA, with double that number seriously injured or wounded. At the time this loss of life was approximately equal to losing 1 out of every 100 adult American males. This means that in a normal residential community containing perhaps 10,000 people, hundreds of families would suffer the ultimate sacrifice of losing their sons and daughters.
As one must be aware, battle injuries are the worst type imaginable. Bodies are completely shattered, limbs blown off, faces burned beyond recognition and similarly horrific injuries. Medical care was nowhere near current state of the art. Medical evacuation was iffy, dangerous and often proved futile.
Though extremely costly in terms of life, the United States preserved and paid in full the cost of securing freedom for millions of people who would today being living under the yoke of tyranny if it had not been for our selfless action.
The monetary cost of the tools of warfare which we needed to prevail greatly exceeds 1T dollars.
Ms. Power, through our actions, we successfully defended the Free World. We sincerely hope this might assure you that we are indeed a noble nation, founded upon ideals which are timeless.
Abraham Lincoln was correct in stating the following during the U.S. Civil War.
“...Fellow-citizens, we can not escape history. We of this Congress and this Administration will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance or insignificance can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the latest generation. We say we are for the Union. The world will not forget that we say this. We know how to save the Union. The world knows we do know how to save it. We, even we here, hold the power and bear the responsibility. In giving freedom to the slave we assure freedom to the free — honorable alike in what we give and what we preserve. We shall nobly save or meanly lose the last best hope of earth...”
This writer is reminded of an example, told and re-told dozens of times.
A French gentleman recently inquired of an elderly visiting American, "why should we as free French citizens, heed your advice on anything?"
To this implied insult, this not so ugly American almost whispered in a hushed tone, "Why not ask my father, he is here right now?" Looking around and not noticing anyone accompanying the American, the Frenchman quickly retorted, "So where is your father, that I might ask him?"
The American replied, "as I said he is here right now," and pointing Westwards towards an especially lovely and peacefully green meadow, littered with 9,000 white crosses he simply added. Sir my father is burried in this cemetary and it is here where he will forever rest.
He gave all that he had for you and your countrymen, he was cut down on an overcast day just like today in June of 1944, at the age on 22 by a Nazi machine gunner. He could only be identified by his dog-tags.
Now I must ask you, sir is that enough?