May 29, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org – Janet Napolitano, of DHS infamy, is all atwitter at the prospect of manufacturing firearms made out plastic through the use of 3-D printers and appropriate working blueprints.
A national security bulletin issued by DHS on the plastic pistols [called Liberators] as revealed by Fox News stated in part:
"Significant advances in three-dimensional (3D) printing capabilities, availability of free digital 3D printer files for firearms components, and difficulty regulating file sharing may present public safety risks from unqualified gun seekers who obtain or manufacture 3D printed guns…" [source, Jana Walker, Homeland Security bulletin warns 3D-printed guns may be 'impossible' to stop’]
According to Nappy, the technology is so fraught with peril that she is raising the hue and cry in hopes of spurring legislators into enacting another useless statute to control what isn’t a problem, the prospect of printers spitting out plastic AR even marginally equivalent to what can be bought in gun stores across most of the U.S. [CA, NY, etc., no guns for you] is remote at present.
Long term, no legislation can possibly contain the spread of groundbreaking technology.
3D printing is by no means a secretive process and more and more items can be made in this fashion, with ambitious plans to construct entire buildings or automobiles within possibility.
Regardless, despite the promise [for good or ill] of the technology this obviously shouldn’t be a front burner issue within the national security establishment.
By EMERSON VERMAAT
May 23, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - A few months ago, on February 18, the body of 43-year old Mostafa Talaie was found in the tranquil Dutch city of Oisterwijk. He had been stabbed to death at around 10 clock p.m. It was already dark then. Mostafa Talaie was an Iranian asylum seeker in Holland whose application for asylum had been granted just three days before his unexpected death. He was on his way to the asylum seekers center in Oisterwijk, a city in the south of Holland and was murdered just a few hundred meters away from the center. Initially, Mostafa had been accommodated in an asylum center in the northern province of Friesland. Mostafa was also a Muslim convert to Christianity and a frequent churchgoer in the Frisian village of Burgum. The Dutch police still do not know who killed him but the most likely candidates are radical Muslims in Holland.
Mostafa knew that he would be sentenced to death in Iran if the Dutch authorities would have decided to reject his application for asylum and if he would have been deported to Tehran. Mostafa’s reformed church pastor, the Rev. Marco Buitenhuis, told me recently that Muslim converts to Christianity have been subjected to violence more frequently than other asylum seekers. Other Iranian converts to Christianity assured Rev. Buitenhuis that the brutal way Mostafa was killed "pointed to an Iranian hand." "It is recognizable and it has to with Mustafa’s conversion to Christianity," they told him.
"Iranian Christian asylum seekers who were in the same asylum seekers center as Mustafa have been threatened by Muslim asylum seekers from Afghanistan," Rev. Buitenhuis says. "They told them that it is allowed to spill the blood of Christians. Both Afghans and Iranians speak Farsi." "I know that an Iranian asylum seeker who is a member of my church has now gone into hiding because he is scared that he is no longer safe here. Mind you, these people flee to Holland hoping to find peace and security here, but once they convert to Christianity, they don’t feel safe anymore." "Especially Iraqi and Afghan asylum seekers do not accept it when a Muslim decides to convert to Christianity. Three Iraqi Christians who were baptized in own church were confronted with hostility and violence in the last two and a half years. The most recent case was the beginning of this year." "This has been reported to the police, but we don’t hear from them."
By William Mayer
May 22, 2013 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – There is a YouTube video floating around, there are probably dozens of others, which records a "successful" da’wa pitch. Successful in the sense that both the non-Muslim who is being proselytized and the Islamic gentleman doing the conversion both believe it was a valid expression of Islamic faith, depicting a non-Muslim rejecting his membership in the Anglican Church, the Church of England.
Below, the video
The organization which is carrying out this aggressive conversion program is called DawaIsEasy. To supplement the numerous videos being featured, dialogues have been prepared to aid the effort of minting shiny new Muslims.
Example – Suggested Dialogue with a Christian
That these dialogues are purposefully dialectical, deceitful, immensely disrespectful of the targeted Christian [or Jew, or atheist or Druid for that matter] and his free choice of a religion is beside the point.
The issue is ALWAYS the same, coerce a forced recitation of what we must assume is the proselytist’s understanding of the Shahada – the Islamic statement of faith and a sign of conversion.
May 16, 2013 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and its political wing the FJP are once again fanning the flames of violence as Nakba Day [day of the catastrophe] approaches.
“…the 65th anniversary of the of the Palestinian people’s worst plight… the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) reiterated its full support for Palestinians’ right to liberate and recover their territories from the evil of Israeli occupation, stressing the right of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and their homeland as a sacred and historic right…FJP rejected all heinous plots being hatched against the Palestinian people to force them to give up more of their rights or their lands…The FJP paid tribute to the Palestinian resistance, calling on all Palestinian factions to close ranks and complete the historic march of honorable struggle, united in the face of their enemies.” [source, FJP on Nakba Day: No Land Exchange, No Palestine Right of Return Compromise, Ikhwanweb]
The “catastrophe” is a catch-all phrase used to foment violence against Jews and the state of Israel over the myth that the “Palestinians” are a homogenous people who were forcibly removed from their land by the Israelis during the 1948 war.
The fact is that the lands which is currently occupied by the so called Palestinians are in actuality, the Biblical kingdoms of Judea and Samaria.
The “refugees” who live in this area have intentionally been kept destitute by the Arab world which uses these impoverished people as political pawns in pursuit of the Islamist goal of the destruction of Israel.
By WILLIAM MAYER
May 15, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - Ok, it's clear now to anyone who happened to watch more than a few minutes of Wednesday's testimony by State Department officials before Darrell Issa's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that Team Obama has, to use the vernacular, lied its ass off in an effort to cover-up the Benghazi affair.
However perhaps the most important question - aside from investigating the actual terrorist attack on the Benghazi compound by elements of Ansar al-Shari'a - remains unanswered...why on earth was J. Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya in the first place?
At the time of his clandestine arrival, Benghazi was one of the strongholds for the rebels - i.e., jihadists attempting to overthrow then dictator Moammar Gadhaffi.
Stevens had not yet been named as an ambassador [his tragically short ambassadorial career spanned a little over 90 days from June 7, 2012 to September12, 2012].
So why was he there?
Stevens arrived in the dead of night, ferried to Libya in a commercial Greek cargo ship, a very unusual way to enter a country if one's purpose is to begin a high level diplomatic assignment."...During the early days of the Libyans' fight to overthrow Moammar Gadhafi, Christopher Stevens wrangled a ride on a Greek cargo ship and sailed into the rebels' stronghold city of Benghazi. He arrived at a time when the crackle of gunfire could be heard each night..." [source, Amy Bingham, Slain Ambassador Chris Stevens Slipped Into Libya on a Cargo Ship During RevolutioHYPERLINK "http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/diplomat-chris-stevens-slipped-libya-cargo-ship-revolution/story?id=17218702"n, ABC News]
Below, an account of the circumstances surrounding Steven's mysterious arrival, courtesy of the State Department Magazine:"The story of how the agent got there began in February when the large catamaran ferry Maria Dolores eased into the rocky harbor at Valletta, Malta. Her passengers included American diplomats, who had hurriedly evacuated after conflict erupted in Libya and their safety and security could no longer be assured in Tripoli. Over the next two months, these same diplomats joined the international effort to support Libya’s revolution and march toward democracy and freedom.
"...By early April, with Benghazi firmly in rebel hands, a dozen intrepid U.S. diplomats equipped with armored vehicles and communications gear set sail from the same port, passing Valletta’s ancient harbor fortress and cruising into the blue Mediterranean beyond the breakwater. The Libya of April was a dramatically changed place from the Libya of February."We arrived April 5th," recalled the expedition’s leader Special Envoy Chris Stevens. "It was difficult to get there at the time. There weren’t any flights. So we came in by a Greek cargo ship and unloaded our gear and our cars and set up our office there..."
May 7, 2013 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews org - Tomorrow morning Darrell Issa's House Committee on Governmental Oversight will be gavelled into order.
Live coverage starts sy 11:30 AM EDT/8:30 PDT and can be followed, real-time, from the below link:
View Issa Hearings Here
Front and center at this event will be an exploration of exactly what transpired during the September 11, 2012 jihadist attack on our embassy in Benghazi, Libya.
To a degree some of the information which will be presented is already widely known among the handful whose business it is to follow national security developments.
For example, a piece we published on November 11, 2012 [see House Hearings: Obama's Failure In Benghazi] outlined the testimony, also before the Issa Committee, by State Department professionals which clearly demonstrated that the Benghazi Embassy was left essentially undefended prior to September 11 [despite constant please from embassy personnel, including the American Ambassador, Chris Stevens] and then abandoned after the attack commenced, leading to needless loss of life as well as a major blow to the image of the United States' military prowess.
"...Four witnesses were called to testify under oath.
Ms. Charlene R. Lamb, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Programs, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, U.S. Department of State
Mr. Eric Nordstrom, Regional Security Officer, U.S. Department of State
Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, Utah National Guard , U.S. Army
Ambassador Patrick Kennedy, Under Secretary for Management, U.S. Department of State
There is one common thread which connects the testimony of these individuals, three of which are high ranking State Dept. officials.
All four of them testified that security at Benghazi was almost nonexistent, in the face of a constant threat posed by the political instability in Libya, post the overthrow and subsequent death of Muammar Gaddafi, the country's long-time dictator.
Regarding constant threats, the Heritage Foundation Foundry Blog assembled a revealing time-line demonstrating that before the September 11 deadly attack there were at least 12 serious security incidents relating to the embassy.
For example, a partial listing:
" April 6: IED thrown over the fence of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi...May 1: British Embassy in Tripoli is attacked by a violent mob and set on fire. Other NATO embassies attacked as well... June 6: A large IED destroys part of the security perimeter of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. Creates hole “big enough for 40 men to go through...”