August 4, 2014 – San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – The Lawfare Project is an organization which has sought to focus public opinion on "’the use of the law as a weapon of war" and the abuse of Western laws and judicial systems to achieve strategic military or political ends.”
The group has just released a report detailing the complicity of a U.N educational agency in an ongoing program of radicalizing the Arab children residing in Judea, Samaria and Gaza using U.N. schools [see, Ban Ki-moon Overlooks UN Agency's Complicity in Hamas War Crimes Targeting Palestinian Children ].
“The Lawfare Project expresses its deep concern at UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's failure to acknowledge a UN agency's complicity in Hamas war crimes carried out against Palestinian children. Last week, Ki-moon spoke at a summit in Costa Rica, following the shelling of an UNRWA school in the Gaza Strip's Jabalia Camp. During his address, the Secretary-General callously neglected to condemn UNRWA, which, together with Hamas, is directly targeting Palestinian children with reprehensible violence.”
The Lawfare Project has joined with the Center for Near East Policy Research in producing a video, Camp Jihad, which documents the degree to which UNWRA schools are being used as Islamist indoctrination centers.
That U.N. General Secretary Ban Ki-moon has so far, refused to condemn Hamas is telling, because upon examination the United Nations is working hand-in-glove with Hamas, taking an active role in fomenting hatred among Arab youth. Since its numerous agencies receive their funding from and report directly back to the U.N. we draw no distinction between them.
Ban Ki-moon cannot possibly be unaware of the role which UNWRA plays in stoking Jew-hatred, jihadism and even allowing its facilities to serve as weapon storage areas and rocket and mortar launch sites using defenseless children as human shields against possible reprisals by Israel.
The Lawfare Project has identified numerous publicly sourced examples of UNWRA’s many human rights transgressions, among which are:
1. UNRWA has been caught three times during Operation Protective Edge storing Hamas rockets. Roughly ten percent of all Hamas rockets fired indiscriminately at Israeli civilians have fallen short, causing damage in Palestinian civilian areas in Gaza.
2. UNRWA confirmed that Hamas fired into the Beit Hanoun area in northern Gaza where, on July 24, 2014, an UNRWA school was hit. An estimated 17 children and UN personnel were killed, and 200 others wounded.
3. UNRWA has publicly admitted to handing rockets stored in its facilities over to the "local authorities" in Gaza, i.e., Hamas.
4. UNRWA has publicly admitted to hiring Hamas (and Islamic Jihad) terrorists as teachers at its schools, thereby providing direct access for Hamas to recruit Palestinian children.
5. UNRWA schools have reportedly been used as launching pads for mortar attacks against Israeli civilians.
6. A senior UN official, John Ging, confirmed that Hamas terrorists "are firing their rockets into Israel from the vicinity of UN facilities and residential areas," thereby putting UNRWA staff and students in harm's way and using civilians in Gaza as human shields.
7. UNRWA has permitted Hamas to use its schools as grounds for the recruitment and training of child soldiers and suicide bombers, and for the operation of militant summer camps for children.
8. UNRWA has openly taught Palestinian children from a curriculum that incites violence, encourages suicide-homicide bombings, espouses the concepts of martyrdom and jihad, and calls for the destruction of Israel.
9. An UNRWA health clinic that housed a Hamas terror tunnel entry shaft was built with explosives in its walls . The booby-trapped UNRWA clinic was then detonated on July 30, 2014, killing three IDF soldiers. The soldiers were working inside the UNRWA clinic to examine its structural integrity before sealing the Hamas tunnel under the building. Additionally, Hamas officials have reportedly admitted that, as of December 2011, at least 160 children had been killed in the tunnels.
We do not expect a resolution of this matter anytime soon; the U.N. is too set in its role of bashing Israel simply for defending itself against the constant attacks by terrorist organizations sworn to the destruction of the Jewish state.
Since the U.N. is financially supported by the United States the above detailed practice could be ended overnight, but this administration is generally in lock-step with the U.N.’s de facto protection and promotion of HAMAS and again, we do not expect this matter to be dealt with until Mr. Obama leaves office.
©2014 PipeLineNews.org LLC. All rights reserved.