April 30, 2011 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - First, let's review the pertinent facts:
1. Obama travels to the San Francisco Bay Area to once again hit up his special no payback ATM.
2. While there a contributor pays $75k+ for the privilege of conducting a mini-protest at a VIP Obama fundraiser, expressing opposition to the alleged mal-treatment of Army Pfc. Bradley Manning. Mr. Manning stands accused of what amounts to treason, disseminating to Wiki Leaks hundreds of thousands of classified documents. The effect of this mass exposure of sensitive diplomatic documents has seriously, possibly irreparably damaged the way in which American [and Western] foreign policy is conducted.
3. Covering the event as part of the reporting pool, a local reporter for the S.F. Chronicle [Carla Marinucci] goes native and shoots some low quality video [sheeesh Chron mgmt., can't you misers spring for decent mini-digital video cams for your troops?] on her mobile phone, recording the little protest.
4. Team Obama is outraged that any member of the MSM would break protocol, i.e., reporting anything which diminishes the lustrous image of which the media has erected around its Final Prophet.
5. Local reporter is summarily bounced from the reporting pool.
6. The WH lies, stating there was no retaliation.
That's it; another day in the life of Barack Obama, crushing dissent while rapidly transforming the United States into a collectivist paradise designed to please the ultra rich neo-Marxist powers behind his throne.
A few observations:
To be gentle, Ms. Marinucci is neither Woodward nor is she Bernstein and therefore ranks rather low in the MSM's food chain. In the world which journalism has become, reporters of her ilk function as krill for the big fish to consume when the fancy strikes them to send a message to those that matter.
This event is, in itself, insignificant. However what it says about the theology of the progressives/neo-Marxists is instructive.
Pool reporters, and in general any journalist covering political heavyweights, will find themselves subject to restrictions of various types, some of which trample the sprit of the First Amendment. Most reporters are just fine with this, as long as they can maintain access they are willing to intentionally overlook all manner of impropriety.
For those of you with short memories, please consider the 2003 "confession," of CNN's "news" chief Eason Jordan who admitted that his organization refused to report on Saddam Hussein's atrocities in order to maintain access.
Of course, he justified CNN's deliberate cover-up in the most sanctimonious MSM manner, alleging that he was really only trying to protect his overseas staff, "Over the last dozen years I made 13 trips to Baghdad to lobby the government to keep CNN's Baghdad bureau open and to arrange interviews with Iraqi leaders. Each time I visited, I became more distressed by what I saw and heard -- awful things that could not be reported because doing so would have jeopardized the lives of Iraqis, particularly those on our Baghdad staff. [source, Eason Jordan, We Kept It To Ourselves, NY Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/11/opinion/the-news-we-kept-to-ourselves.html]
The bottom line here is simple, if disturbing.
Mr. Obama is heading a lawless administration which is using the vast power of the federal government to fundamentally change the face of America so that it will more closely resemble the worker's paradise utopia which is imprinted deeply within Mr. Obama's cerebral cortex.
A genuine pursuit of journalism would most likely have prevented Obama from being elected in the first place. Barring that, honest reportage after his election would have resulted in so many damning revelations about his administration that it would have sunk under its own weight by now.
The real story here is how little this incident, Marinucci Gate, will impact the future day to day coverage of Mr. Obama by the press. While this is probably being viewed as a horrendous affront to journalism by Ms. Marinucci, to the rest of her cohorts it is a non-event and the continued fawning of the MSM over the president will continue...these people are worshipers with a far different agenda; they are not reporters.
The words of George Orwell come to mind.
At the conclusion of his novel, 1984, the protagonist Winston Smith, after having been arrested, interrogated and tortured in a rat cage came upon the same revelation now on display by most of the old media, he "had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."
©2011 PipeLineNews.org LLC. All rights reserved.