December 28, 2009 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - One of the most significant aspects of 2009 is the tremendous increase this country has seen in Islamic jihadist activity.
Below a few of the key cases over the last 12 months.
1. James Cromitie, David Williams, Onta Williams and Laguerre Payen who planned to attack a New York synagogue as well as military aircraft with surface to air missiles. [source, Four Muslim extremists arrested over plot to bomb synagogue and shoot down planes, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1185228/Four-Muslim-extremists-arrested-plot-bomb-synagogue-shoot-planes.html]
2. Nadjibulla Zazi in a plot to bomb New York transportation systems. [source, Man admits role in planned terror attack - Target of probe reportedly acknowledges association with al-Qaida, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32916251]
3. Michael Finton - aka Talib Islam, conspiracy to bomb the Illinois Federal Building. [source, Illinois man charged in plot to bomb federal offices, http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2447383520090924]
4. Bryant Vinas who conspired to kill U.S. military personnel overseas and launch a rocket attack on the New Jersey railroad. [source, Bryant Neal Vinas: An American in Al Qaeda, http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1912512,00.html]
5. Hosam Maher Husein Smadi in the Dallas high rise plot. [soure, Teen From Jordan Indicted in Dallas High-Rise Bomb Plot, http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562481,00.html]
6. Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad for the murder of Little Rock Recruiting Center employee, U.S. Army private William Long. [source, Little Rock Shooting Suspect Joins Growing List of Muslim Converts Accused of Targeting U.S. , http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,524799,00.html?test=latestnews]
7. Daniel Patrick Boyd, Hysen Sherifi, Anes Subasic, Zakariya Boyd, Dylan Boyd, Mohammad Omar Aly Hassan, Ziyad Yaghi, conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and conspiring to murder, kidnap, maim, and injure persons abroad and additionally to attack the Quantico,VA Marine base. [source, Seven Charged with Terrorism Violations in North Carolina, http://charlotte.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/2009/ce072709.htm]
8. Major Nidal Malik Hasan in the Ft. Hood massacre. [source, Fort Hood gunman Nidal Hasan 'is a hero': Imam who preached to 9/11 hijackers in Va. praises attack, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/11/09/2009-11-09_fort_hood_gunman_nidal_hassan_is_a_hero_iman_who_preached_to_911_hijackers_in_su.html]
9. Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab in the attempted bombing of Northwest flight 253. [source, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: there are many more like me, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6969645.ece
©1999-2010 PipeLineNews.org. All rights reserved.